Shamkir, Round 1 Pairings
Friday, April 21, 2017 at 1:00AM
Dennis Monokroussos in Shamkir 2017, Veselin Topalov, Vladimir Kramnik, Wesley So
Grenke will have a run for its money when it comes to publicity in the chess world, as the Gashimov Memorial in Shamkir gets underway in a few hours. Here are the round 1 pairings:
- Radoslaw Wojtaszek (2745) - Vladimir Kramnik (2811)
- Veselin Topalov (2741) - Michael Adams (2761)
- Wesley So (2822) - Shakhriyar Mamedyarov (2772)
- Sergey Karjakin (2783) - Pentala Harikrishna (2755)
- Pavel Eljanov (2751) - Teimour Radjabov (2710)
Will So win yet another tournament, and will his undefeated streak continue? Will Kramnik bounce back from a mediocre performance in Zurich, and will the presence of his bestest bud Topalov ruin his tournament? Or will a relative outsider win the laurels? Make your predictions now.
Article originally appeared on The Chess Mind (http://www.thechessmind.net/).
See website for complete article licensing information.